Sunday, July 15, 2012

HELEN REDDY: THE WOMAN I AM - THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION

 

helen reddy

It has been an awfully long time since Helen Reddy had her last big chart hit. Her music has all but disappeared from the radio. That's too bad. But the fact of the matter is that Helen Reddy was a major force in popular music during the 1970's.

For those seeking a pretty complete anthology of her hits Capitol's 2006 release "The Woman I Am: The Definitive Collection" would appear to be an excellent choice. This disc contains just about every one of her important Top 40 hits as well as a number of gems from her LP's. Everyone will remember the great hit singles from her heyday like "Angie Baby", "Delta Dawn", "Ain't No Way To Treat a Lady" as well as the song that made her famous "I Am Woman" from 1972. 

"The Woman I Am: The Definitive Collection" includes a colourful and informative 12 page booklet. I was surprised to see that another reviewer was quite critical of the sound quality of this disc. I did not find that to be the case at all. The sound quality is superb and the remastering really enhances enjoyment of these 30 year old recordings. 

Track Listing:
1. I Don’t Know How To Love Him
2. Crazy Love
3. Best Friend
4. I Am Woman
5. Peaceful
6. Delta Dawn
7. Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
8. Keep On Singing
9. You And Me Against The World
10. I Think I’ll Write A Song
11. Angie Baby
12. Emotion
13. Bluebird
14. Ain’t No Way To Treat A Lady
15. Somewhere In The Night
16. I Can’t Hear You No More
17. You’re My World
18. Candle On The Water
19. We’ll Sing In The Sunshine
20. The West Wind Circus (live)
21. Mama (live)
22. Surrender

No comments:

Post a Comment